Thank you for your generous donations to support our mission of helping women leave a life of sex trafficking. We need your gently-used or like-new items of home goods, furniture, clothing, toys, etc.
The following guidance enables us be good stewards of our resources and maximizes the value of your donated items.
Donations are accepted inside our stores from 12 Noon-5 PM on Monday-Tuesday and Thursday-Saturday. We will not accept donations on Wednesdays starting January 1, 2022 so that we can keep our store in order and safe for our customers.
We are a small non-profit organization staffed mostly by volunteers and we have limited space to process donations. Our trash expenses are reduced when you only donate items that customers want to purchase. Please do not donate clothing that has stains, rips or pilling as well as household items that are dirty or damaged. The following offers specific information about items we can and cannot accept. When we receive donations that are unsellable, it diverts effort and funds from our mission.
We are very grateful for your understanding and support of our mission! For furniture donations, please call the store ahead of time so we know when to expect you and so we can prepare space for your items. Call or text 724-799-1163 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for information about our monthly furniture pick-up service.
New or gently used items we CAN accept:
• Clothing & Shoes
• Books, Records, CD, and DVDs, audiobooks
• Games, toys, sports equipment
• Kitchen items, lamps, & small appliances
• Vintage items
• Linens, curtains, blankets, etc.
• Working electronics including:
• TVs & flat-screen monitors (no tubes)
• Laptops, cell phones, tablets
• DVD & blu ray players
• Clean furniture including:
• Chairs, neutral couches, desks, tables
• Dressers, bookcases, head/footboards
If in doubt, please check with a store manager. Items we CANNOT accept: We need to refuse some items due to restrictions by law or our inability to handle or resell them. When unacceptable items are donated, we have to dispose of them at a cost to Repurposed.
Unfortunately we cannot accept the following items.
- Items that have exceeded their useful life ie. holes, stains, broken, don't work
- Garage and Yard Sale Leftovers
- No tube TV'S
- Pianos & organs
- Cribs/Car Seats if they do not meet current safety standards check http://www.cpsc.gov
- Stained or ripped linens
- Ripped or soiled clothing
- VHS tapes/players
- Broken or non-functioning appliances
- Weapons such as guns, ammunition, etc.
- Large appliances
- Large exercise equiptment
- Kerosene/gas heaters and appliances
- Building materials (carpet, doors, windows, toilets, bricks, concrete, etc.)
- Automobile Parts
- Paint and chemicals substances
- Big appliances (refrigerators, stoves, washers, dryers air conditioners)
- Any recalled or banned items-details can be found at http://www.cpsc.gov/en/